(pictured left to right… FedEx employees Ron Nunnelee, Mark Mantaro, Drew Vickers, Chris Armour, and George Oswald; not pictured: Clinton Menezes)
FedEx is currently the Smartest Company in Memphis, after winning the last annual Corporate Knowledge Bowl
The Memphis Library Foundation and the Memphis Public Libraries team up annually for the Corporate Knowledge Bowl. The 20th annual event resulted in FedEx taking home the big win! The finals turned out to be a nail-biter… with Commercial Appeal beating St. Jude, then Fed Ex (the undefeated team for the week) then beating Commercial Appeal.
Mark your calendars now for the 2018 Corporate Knowledge Bowl event!
Sign up and see if your company can take the “Smartest Company in Memphis” title away from FedEx.
Mon, Sept. 24 – Thur, Sept. 27, 2018, with preliminary rounds during the lunch hour (11:40am & 12:15pm matches), and finals on Fri, Sept. 28, at 5:30pm.
Corporate Knowledge Bowl
This event is held at the Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, 3030 Poplar Ave.
- Teams of 4 employees and up to 4 alternates compete each day
- Winner takes home a trophy and the coveted title of “The Smartest Company in Memphis”.
- Best trivia format in town; head-to-head matches in a double elimination tournament.
- 60 (difficult) questions, in just 20 minutes, on history, current events, popular culture, local interest, science, sports and more.
- Spectators encouraged, including family, co-workers, and friends.
- Enjoy a fun time with co-workers while raising money to benefit the Memphis Public Library.
Register by: Emailing the following information to email@example.com and sending payment starting June, 2018 (if a check, make it out to Memphis Library Foundation), mailed to Shelley Thomas, c/o MLF, 3030 Poplar Ave., 3rd Floor, Memphis, TN 38111.
- organization name
- contact name
- contact email address
- organization address
- organization phone #
- organization team name
- 4 core team member names & T-shirt sizes (at least 2 core team members have to participate in the matches)
- 4 alternate team member names
Entry deadline: Aug. 27, 2018
Fees: $550/team if registered by Aug. 15 ($600/team if registered after Aug. 15)
Fees include: snacks/drinks and t-shirt for all core team players. Discounts available for companies entering more than one team.
Sign up now for your chance at taking the coveted title:
“The Smartest Company in Memphis” from FedEx!
Previous Winners: 2017 – FedEx; 2016 – GP Cellulose Memphis; 2015 – International Paper; 2014 – St. Jude; 2013/2007 – The Commercial Appeal; 2012/2008 – Buckeye Technologies, Inc.; 2011 – Valero; 2010/2009 – Accredo Health, Inc.