More than Books…
Libraries are more than books. They are dynamic and evolving places to learn, connect, and grow. Our library remains one of the best in the country, having received multiple national awards. It is a true local asset that provides services to all members of our community, including children, teens, seniors, small business owners, job seekers, and persons without access to computers or internet.
The Memphis Library Foundation enhances the Memphis Public Library through private funding and we need your help, continually.
Over the last year, we have:
- Raised nearly $2 million to build, equip, and open CLOUD901, a new teen learning lab
- Provided $50,000 in grant funds for the Small Business Center
- Funded a successful iPad program for Seniors at multiple branches
- Partnered with Hattiloo Theatre to present performances at 6 branches
- Transformed the Central Library Children’s Courtyard
- Presented our 2nd annual Libration event featuring bestselling author Jess Walter
- Funded free access to Lynda.com, an online learning tool, for all customers
Some of our goals in 2016 include:
- Providing digital and technology improvements for customers
- Funding new programs for youth, adults, and seniors
- Establishing Early Learning Centers in selected branch libraries
- Completing an interactive mobile pop up unit for community outreach
- Expanding and improving WYPL’s programs and services
- Creating artistic enhancements at selected branches
- Launching a branding and awareness campaign for the library
Please consider supporting the Memphis Public Library with a private donation, by clicking here.
Read about other ways to contribute by clicking here.